In the actual globally changing business environment, companies are seeking new ways of providing additional value to customers and gain a competitive edge over their competitors. Past initiatives aimed solely at product cost, quality, or time-to-market are no longer sufficient to gain market advantage. The focus today is on innovation: products that differentiate themselves from others while also being affordable, reliable, and early to market. Total management of the product lifecycle is critical to innovatively meet customer needs throughout its entire life cycle without driving up costs, sacrificing quality, or delaying product delivery. The ability of industry to provide such holistic products and supporting services is currently limited by the information gap in the products life cycle (i.e. the flow of information between the design/production phase and middle and end of life phase of the products life cycle).
PROMISE offers the following business proposition to the Product Lifecycle stakeholders: to create value by transforming information to knowledge at all phases of the product lifecycle and thus improve product and service quality, efficiency and sustainability.
The PROMISE Training Center (Beta)
The training center of PROMISE contains all the available training courses and covering PROMISE Basics (both business and technical), Lifecycle phases of products, and Technical components. Please note that the Training Center is still in Beta version and is in testing. Some courses might not be available and other might change. Visit the Training Center.
The vision of PROMISE
- To develop a new generation of PLM system that
- uses smart embedded IT systems,
- allows the seamless flow and transformation of data and information to knowledge.
- To allow all actors in a product’s lifecycle to manage and control product information
- at any moment of its lifecycle,
- at any place in the world.
The mission of PROMISE
- to allow information flow management to go beyond the customer
- to close the product lifecycle information loops
- to enable the seamless e-Transformation of Product Lifecycle Information to Knowledge
Ideas of the PROMISE project in a nutshell